For over two decades, the Foundation has collaboratively worked to create a “Healthy, Clean and Green” America by connecting the need for an appreciation for people, the planet and diversity. This connection resulted in our award-winning, nationally recognized “We Love America, Healthy, Clean and Green” calendar and related programming. “We Love America Healthy, Clean and Green” leverages the calendar and related programming as a 365-day learning tool to cultivate young change agents who inspire their circle to adopt sustainable, healthy behaviors.
- Create young "Healthy, Clean and Green" change agents who influence their peers, families and communities.
- Create awareness and inspire action that leads communities and corporate entities to take care of the water, land, air and food sources they need to survive.
IMPACT BY THE NUMBERS
- 200,000+ calendars distributed free to Houston area residents through various partners including City of Houston recycling centers and at our January kick-off community event
- 3,500+ images of “Healthy, Clean and Green” activities and scenery submitted by youth in underserved communities
- Recognition from Oval Office (First Lady Michelle Obama noted how the calendar promotes a “brighter, healthier future for our next generation” in 2013)
- 4-time recipient of Mayor’s Proud Partner Award
- 4 years of photography workshops provided to thousands of underserved youth participating in calendar’s photography contest
- 200 youth in underserved areas participated in “We Love America, Healthy Clean and Green” two essay contests
- 600+ talented, diverse youth built healthy self-worth by sharing their God-given gifts during “We Love America, Clean and Green” community programs Initiative and youth participant
- Recognized 6 times during Houston City Council Meeting