Founder and Executive Director of the Honey Brown Hope Foundation, Tammie Lang Campbell, is alumna of Alcorn State University. In March 2020, the Honey Brown Hope Foundation in partnership with the Greater Houston Alcorn Alumni Chapter hosted a Women’s History Month Gala, “Meeting Students Current Needs and Future Challenges." The event was sponsored by H-E-B and featured Alcorn State University’s first-female president, Dr. Felecia M. Nave, as the keynote speaker.
H-E-B’s sponsorship made it possible for the Honey Brown Hope Foundation to earmark $5,000 in scholarships for Texas students attending Alcorn State University. The Scholarship is named “Hope for Houston-Area Braves.”
In 2020, our first disbursement of “Hope for Houston-Area Braves” scholarship was an unrestricted $1000 gift to support the “Brave Together COVID-19 Student Relief Fundraising Initiative.” We have since awarded two scholarships to qualifying students.
The application is currently closed and will reopen in April 2023. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE “HOPE FOR HOUSTON-AREA BRAVES” SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Qualifying student will be eligible to receive $500 scholarship.
- Fall scholarship winner may qualify to have the $500 scholarship renewed, if renewal qualifications are met (see below).
- Scholarship will be distributed directly to the student.
FALL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Submit scholarship application by the deadline. The application is currently closed and will open in April 2023.
- Be graduate of high school in Greater Houston-Area or Texas.
- Be admitted to Alcorn State University.
- Be enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours for Fall (enrollment verification required if selected).
RENEWABLE SPRING SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be in good academic standing and eligible for full-time (12 hours or more) enrollment.
- Be enrolled for 12 or more semester credit hours (enrollment verification required if selected).
- Volunteer for minimum of 3 hours with Honey Brown Hope Foundation.
- Submit unofficial transcript and enrollment verification, and complete volunteer hours with Honey Brown Hope Foundation by January 1.