Founder and Executive Director of the Honey Brown Hope Foundation, Tammie Lang Campbell, is alumna of Alcorn State University. In March 2020, the Honey Brown Hope Foundation in partnership with the Greater Houston Alcorn Alumni Chapter hosted a Women’s History Month Gala, “Meeting Students Current Needs and Future Challenges." The event was sponsored by H-E-B and featured Alcorn State University’s first-female president, Dr. Felecia M. Nave, as the keynote speaker.
H-E-B’s sponsorship made it possible for the Honey Brown Hope Foundation to earmark $5,000 in scholarships for Greater Houston-area students planning to attend Alcorn State University. The Scholarship is named “Hope for Houston-Area Braves.”
In 2020, our first disbursement of “Hope for Houston-Area Braves” scholarship was an unrestricted $1000 gift to support the “Brave Together COVID-19 Student Relief Fundraising Initiative.” In 2021, we awarded an incoming freshmen from Westbury Christian High School the scholarship.
The 2022 - 2023 application is now open. A $500 scholarship will be awarded for Fall 2022 and another $500 scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2023. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please submit the application form for consideration by July 2 at 11:59 pm CST. For questions, please email email@example.com.
ABOUT THE “HOPE FOR HOUSTON-AREA BRAVES” SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
- Qualifying student will be eligible to receive Fall 2022 $500 scholarship.
- Fall 2022 scholarship winner may qualify to have the $500 scholarship renewed for Spring 2023, if qualifications below are met.
- Scholarship will be distributed directly to the student.
FALL 2022 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Submit scholarship application by July 2 at 11:59 pm CST. Click here to submit the application.
- Be graduate of high school in Greater Houston-Area or Texas.
- Be admitted to Alcorn State University.
- Be enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours for Fall (enrollment verification required if selected).
RENEWABLE SPRING 2023 SCHOLARSHIP AWARD ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Be in good academic standing and eligible for full-time (12 hours or more) enrollment.
- Be enrolled for 12 or more semester credit hours (enrollment verification required if selected).
- Volunteer for minimum of 3 hours with Honey Brown Hope Foundation.
- Submit unofficial transcript and enrollment verification, and complete volunteer hours with Honey Brown Hope Foundation by January 1, 2023.